Saturday, November 24, 2007

God's Incredible World

This week it turned cold several nights in a row. One morning Maggie and I got up and headed to the campground close to my house. We were in search of the inconspicuous, very fragile winter flower that makes its appearance in the middle of the night like a secret agent. This flower is called the Frost flower. I have been looking for this flower for quite a while. Little did I know that all the while, it was under my nose the whole time. It is not really a flower at all. This winter beauty happens when the night air gets down to freezing and the inside of the plant starts to ooze out of the stalk. There are beautiful sculptures that can be made in many different forms. I was awed at how amazing God is. Even the ice can be formed in to works of beauty for us to enjoy. God truly wants us to be happy with nature around us. The next time there is a cold morning, grab the kids and head out to an area where tall plant stalks still stand and try to find these amazing configurations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't these BEAUTIFUL??? We went out to the park on Thanksgiving morning and observed. In fact, it's a famiy tradition! The first really cold morning of the year, off we go to discover the beauty of frost flowers.

~Becca

Anonymous said...

I must admit...those are beautiful. (Kelly)