Friday, November 9, 2007

Three Highlanders

Hello. A friend of mine showed me her blog and I thought it was such a good idea, that I decided to start one for my kids. We are a very close family of five. We live on a 4,000 acre prairie in Missouri and have a herd of bison. Yes, I did say bison. Sometimes they get in the way while you are driving, but other than that, it is pretty cool. We have three children, Matthew 13, Maggie 10, and Gavin 7. We are all of Scottish origin, and we are very proud of it. Too much, according to some of our friends. We have home schooled since preschool and have not intentions of quiting. Well, unless the Lord says otherwise that it. We have a wonderful church of like minded people to fellowship with.
This blog is for my children to be able to post things for their family and friends, as well as to work on their writing and typing skills.
So sit back, relax with a cup of coffee and enjoy the antics of everyday life in a home schooling family.

2 comments:

Rebecca Knox said...

Hey, Gayla!

I'm finally getting around to getting on your blog and taking a look around...and it looks GREAT! I just wanted to say...I don't think there's any such thing as being "too" proud of your Scottish heritage. It's that Scottish fortitude that's going to carry those little "highlanders" through in the spriritual realm in the days ahead. Keep up the good work, my friend! I love you!

~Becca

Anonymous said...

"SOmetimes they REALLY get in the way of your driving" those sweet little things.... (Kelly)