Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hurrah for the Hound!

Finally! The Beagles have arrived!! This year in the 2008 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, a very prestigious show, a hound won Best In Show. For the show's 100 year history, the coveted award went to poodles, terriers and those other small ankle biting dogs. In fact, it wasn't until a few years ago that the Beagle was even allowed to show in the WKC show. Look at this dog.... isn't it the most beautiful Beagle you ever saw? Uno, short for a very, very long name was also in the American Kennel Club show, but only place best of Breed. The thing that I think is so funny is that most of the other winners were very "proper" behaving animals. Not Uno. He could be heard "baying", which is a Beagle bark across the room. He was/is a fiesty hunting dog that took the crowd by storm. When he came out, the crowd went wild. He was on the national news this morning and they said that he was retired. His puppies will be thousands of dollars to buy. I love it. I am so excited... I have watched this show for years and always had to walk away defeated because my favorite dog in the whole wide world lost.... because he was not proper acting enough. Westminster is in England you know.... hehehehe



I have a Beagle myself. Which of course is why I am so excited. What do you think... should I start training her? She could send my kids to college.

1 comment:

Rebecca Knox said...

Hip-hip-hurrah! Congratulations on your 'pick of the litter' winning Best of Show this year, Gayla! And congratulations to beagles everywhere! (And...by the way...the winning beagle is cute, but I think Sadie's cuter! Of course, I'm just a little bit prejudice, you know! :) Talk to you later!

All My Love,
~Becca