Sunday, August 30, 2009

I am so blessed!

Over the last four weeks, things around here have been rather CRAZY. It started four weeks ago when my oldest 147#, 5ft. 10in. son came to me and told me that his throat hurt and that he had a really bad headache. That started a looooong bout with a really nasty virus. After a week of him literally on the couch, he felt better. Then with in two days, my 12 y.o. daughter came down with it. I knew that I was coming down with it because I had been running a low grade fever with a sore throat as well. As I have already posted, things went wacky with some extended family issues as well as several items broke or quit working as well. I was literally afraid to walk outside. Last week, when I was still sick, my husband made an appointment for me at the doctor's and my son, who recently got his permit, drove me to my appointment. I must say that I was not in agreement to do this, because I did not want to spend the money on myself. Anyway, after the appointment, I had a diagnosis of pneumonia and had to rest. So, that is what I tried to do. My kids jumped in and helped with the house as well as working on their school work. I HATED not being able to teach them. It killed me. I am a mom that gets involved with her kids learning and I take it very serious. My 9 y.o. had surgery this last Friday for an ear problem. He was not able to hear out of his left ear at all. After a tonsilectomy, adnoidectomy and a tube placed in his left ear drum, he could hear.

So...these are the things I am thankful for:
1. My Saviour Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for me
2. My husband who did the work of three people while I was down.
3. My kids who are just awsome kids.
4. My freedom to school my children at home.
5. My abilitly to pick up the phone and call my doctor when I or my family is sick.
6. The great strides that have been made in medical science, to be able to restore my son's hearing.
7. Family - my mother in law and my husband's aunt (who lives near Springfield) came to be with us while my son was in surgery. Even though I was not able to talk with my aunt much, it meant the world to me that she came by. The rest of our family were unable to come due to work or other obligations.
8. Friends who come up beside you when you are down and make you laugh or just love you. We had a good friend come to the hospital also. He prayed with us for my son and then took my oldest with him to run some errands while in town. Another friend watched my daughter during that day. It was wonderful to know that people were there for you. Also, those crazy gals in Carthage that are so much fun to be around... thank you all for your prayers. Laura... Thank you so much for the prayer you posted. That really meant a lot to me.

Well, I could go on and on, but I need to stop for now. I thank everyone who has been praying for my family during this last month. We have felt the wonderful prayers going up.

Thank you Jesus for all these things that you have blessed me with. I am truly grateful for all that you have given me. Thank you for guiding the surgeon's hands during the procedure and for bringing Gavin thru the surgery.
Amen

Until next time....
~Gayla

1 comment:

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

Hi Gayla,
Yes, I go to the homeschool meeting. I'll be there at SMB bank at 7 pm next Tuesday.

Bye,
Laura
P.S. I couldn't find your e-mail address.