Sunday, August 2, 2009

Saying good bye to the pink flowers...

The hardest thing is to watch your little girl grow up into a preteen. I have watched my daughter become a very beautiful young lady who is very skilled in homemaking and cooking. One of her passions is ballet. She has been taking ballet since she was four. She is twelve now. She came to me one day and said that her room needed to be updated. She said that the pretty little flowers were not really what a girl of her age wanted in her bed room. The purple on the walls also had to go. So, after some grieving on my part (I loved those pink flowers on the border), we sat down and decided on what to paint her room. My best friend, who also has a twelve year old girl ( who is my daughter's best friend) told me that her daughter was wanting to change her room. We decided that it must be a twelve year old thing, you know transitional times. So, her daughter was wanting teal and brown (well sorta) and mine decided on pink and brown. I could handle that, because I LOVE pink and brown. We went shopping and have found the absolute prettiest fabric that will be perfect in her room. It is a pink and brown toile...I LOVE TOILE. Today we started moving furniture and getting ready to paint the room this week. I had to say good bye to those pink flowers, which was hard but I made it through the first tearing. After that I couldn't go back. This will be an ongoing project as it takes money to completely change a room and school will be starting in a week. I will continue to blog about this project that she and I are embarking on. Until next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggie looks like she is having so much fun. Sometimes the younger generation adapts more to change than the older generation. What a fun memorable project for the two of you to do! I don't know which will really mean more to Maggie. The new room or the fact that a busy mom took time to redocrate with her.