Friday, August 14, 2009

Sometimes LIFE just happens!

Isn't it funny how when you think everything is going great and you have things planned out, God just throws a monkey wrench into it just to see what you would do? Well, let me tell you that certainly happened to us this week. I am the mother of three kids ages 15 - 12 - 9. My life is pretty status quo now. No diapers, sip pee cups, temper tantrums, etc.... Oh I am not saying that I wouldn't want more of that, but I am saying that since our youngest is 9, things run fairly smooth. Well, actually for those of you who know my youngest, things run smooth most of the time. Anyway, I am going along this week, started my home school year this last Monday, the 10th. We were doing great... first day no problem. Well, Tuesday morning I started running a fever with sinus stuff. Yuck. Several of my family had already had it so I knew it was coming. Ok, made it thru Tuesday and on to Wednesday. Oh boy....Wednesday came. Around 12 NOON I received a couple of phone calls and by 1 pm I was on my way to pick up my sister's two small children......uh..4 hours away. Fever at this time was 100 degrees F. I can make I said. No problem. My oldest went with me. Getting home around 10pm... we put all the kids to bed and fell into bed ourselves. Well, Thursday (yesterday) we had to go to Springfield for an appointment for my youngest because of his hearing.
My husband took off in one vehicle to take my oldest to a job interview and I started out with the car with the other four. Making it into town, I made a couple of errands and went to drop off my oldest two at a friend's house. It was then that I found out that my husband had a flat tire on the way. So off to WalMart we go to have the tire fixed. Leaving the van at Wal Mart, we headed out on our 1 1/2 hr. trip to the doctor's appointment. Getting there in plenty of time, we pull children out of car seats (I have not had to do that in several years) and we head into the giant five story building to the doctor's office. Checking in, we were told that the doctor was running a little behind. A LITTLE? Our appointment was for 3pm and we finally saw the doctor at 5:15pm. We found out that our son will need surgery and we will need to call back the next day to schedule that appointment. UGH! So, needless to say, we had three very tired little boys with us. To sit in a doctor's office for two and a half hours is outlandish for adults, much less small children.
But it got me to thinking... #1. several of my friends have four or more kids and they do this everyday. I stand in awe at them. My hats go off to them all. #2 God is the one who has the plan...not me. I had spent several weeks getting my school year planned. That was my first mistake. It is great to have a plan, but life happens. I sometimes forget that... in fact I forget it alot of the times.. Then I get upset when my plan is messed up. It was more important for me to spend time with my nephews this week, than try to do school. With everything going on in their home at the moment, they needed a place to feel safe. I thank God for my wonderful husband who has been there thru this whole week to help me AND continue to keep the state park running. I am hoping to look back and see seeds that were sewn this week that will last a lifetime. The Dr. appointment was non-negotiable, but the rest of the week is.
My fever? Yes, I still have it, but I also have three wonderful kids who are helping me take care of these little guys. Did I mention one of them tossed their cookies at breakfast this morning? Toddlers... you gotta love them!

Until next time please be in prayer for my sister and her husband as well as my family. I really apprecitate it.

Happy blogging~

1 comment:

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

Father God, I send up a prayer right now for my friend. I ask you first of all to bring complete healing to her and bring her temp down so she'll feel better. I ask you to heal all of the family. I also ask you to be with her sister and brother in law and help them through the situation they're in. Help God!

In Jesus' Name I ask it.