Friday, August 7, 2009

Whole Wheat Thins

I was in my kitchen yesterday cooking up dinner and I ran across this recipe. It was given to me last year by a friend. I recently looked at the price of Wheat Thins in the store and quickly decided that I did not need them that bad so I put them back on the shelf. When I found this recipe in my recipe box I was excited. I made them up and guess what? My family LOVES them. I couldn't keep them out of the crackers. As I would pull them out of the oven, the kids were standing at the stove with their hands out for more. So gals here is the recipe for you. I hope you enjoy them.

Whole Wheat Thins

3c whole wheat flour
1/3 cup olive oil or coconut oil. I used olive oil.
1c water
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. You can add other spices or herbs. (I added homegrown dried oregano and garlic powder.) Knead as little as possible to make the dough smooth. Roll very thin on a lightly floured counter. Cut with a pizza cutter and place them on a cookie sheet. Prick each cracker with a fork, then sprinkle with salt over them. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins. or until golden brown. Let cool and eat plain or with peanut butter on them.

I cut them into one inch by one inch square. Kinda like cheeze its. I am thinking that parmesean cheese placed in the flour mix would be good. Have fun with these great little crackers.

~Gayla

No comments: