Monday, September 7, 2009

It is finally finished!



Well, after a long rehab period, we finally finished my daughter's room today. She was so proud of it. The pink flowers are gone and the chice pink and brown toile is in. We put the fabric with a brown and pink polka dot. The vallance has this really cute beaded trim... that was as much as the fabric. OUCH! We painted, we stenciled, we sewed, we glue gunned, and we hammered. Everyone got into the action. All that is left is hanging some ballet pictures and putting up her tea pot collection. We started out painting this very large wall chocolate brown color. Then we stenciled this pink swirl on that wall. The pink was PINK! I had to tone it down a bit by feather duster painting a lighter pink over the base coat. We decided to add a little bit of green into the pallete to give some contrast. Too much pink is not a good thing. It is amazing how a can of paint can change the look of a room in just an afternoon. Now I have a list of rooms that are needed to be renovated. Seems when you start one, the rest follows. I have been asked by my boys to paint their room and paint a wall in a camo motiff. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

proverbs31heart said...

Maggie's room is beautiful (I just love the pink and brown combination)! You are always so good at that type of thing. Well, this is the first chance I've had to read your blog and I've enjoyed it, but I've got to go now. We've got a gospel sing to be at in Minden at 6:00. Maybe I can come back and read more later. Have a great week ahead!

Love,
~Rebecca