Thursday, October 22, 2009

What is God doing?

We recently headed out on a much needed vacation..we were looking so forward to it. Last Friday my husband came home and said "I have had a bad day!" I asked what happened and he told me that there would be layoffs come Monday (the first day of our vacation). Two people from our office would be affected. What do you do? Cancel your vacation? Under most circumstances,we would have done that, but we had already paid a lot of money to cancel. We would loose it all. So, after talking to his boss, Brian was encouraged to go ahead and go. Monday came as we waited by our hotel room phone to get the news. Around 7pm that night, the call came in. Over 100 people had lost their jobs. One was in our office, with the other job hainging in the balance. The rumors have already started flying about this and that and it is so hard to know what to say. It seems like life is squeezing us all. What is God doing? What is He preparing us for? I ask these questions, not expecting answers, but just throwing it out there. Please be in prayer for all those people with State Parks who have lost their jobs. Keep in mind also that there are many rumors flying around, so you may not get an entire story.

~Sad, but pressing on

1 comment:

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

Oh, Gayla Honey, my husband has been out of work since August 1. Even the job he had didn't meet all of our expenses. We were down to our last penny when I wrote the blog post you commented on. God has since sent a check for $25...enough to buy dish soap, laundry detergent and some gas. I think we are learning to live by faith in a more real and "desperate for God" way than ever before.


I don't know your exact situation. If God hadn't made an incredible way for us to have a place to live in the caretaker's cottage, we'd be out of a home right now.

God can provide when it seems impossible. I find that so much of what I experience depends on how I am take things emotionally. True faith comes from true need and true dependence.

God bless you, dear one! Your family is safe in HIS hands.


Laura

P.S. I hope you don't mind; I think today's blogpost will use some of these same words. There are a lot of us out there in hard situations. I'll put it on www.lauraofharvestlane.wordpress.com .