Saturday, January 23, 2010

Christmas Happenings...







We had the best Christmas holiday this year. To start it off, we woke up to a white Christmas morning. It was great. I can't remember the last time we had snow on Christmas morning. We were so excited to see it. Our dogs loved playing in the wet, white snow. The night before we had a house full of company over to play games and just hang out. It meant a lot to me to have my family and close friends at my home. We enjoyed a huge taco salad and one of the girls brought baclava for dessert. Yum.

After a long wonferful Christmas morning of opening gift, we had our traditional breakfast of biscuits and gravy. Then we played with our new games and toys for the better part of the day. I was so excited because I was given a Cricut for Christmas. It is a wonderful scrapbooking tool, for those of you who don't know what a Cricut is. It is so exciting to think that next year we will have a new baby join our Christmas holiday. I am getting a new baby nephew in March!
After a couple of days at home, we headed up to Harrisonville, Mo.to see my side of the family. What a great day! We enjoyed giving gifts with them, but after a wonderful hot meal at the old family dining table, the kids headed outside to play in the snow. What a cold day it was, but you couldn't tell those kids that. After getting Uncle Craig and Papa to start up the ATVs, there was no stopping them. They came back in with ice cycles hangning from their noses. This year has been one of the best ones I can remember just being with family and enjoying one another's company. I hope you had a memorable holiday seaason. May God bless you and your family in 2010.
~Until next time....
Gayla









t

No comments: