Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Beautiful 13!


My beautiful baby girl will be 13 tomorrow. I can't believe how time has flown by. I remember bringing her home from the hospital and asking God to give me what I need to be her mama. I felt such joy in having a baby girl. I already had a boy. I was going to teach her how to be creative, how to cook and can and all those other domestic things that we as women do. I wanted her to be a great mama some day. In those 13 years, I have been blessed with a beautiful spirit within my daughter. Many times I am amazed at how calm she is, (when her mama isn't). I am amazed at how beautiful she is too. She is an amazing, talented dancer and I love watching her. I decided to treat her to our favorite place, The Shady Gables Tea House in Versaille, Mo. We have been going to it since she was four. So, off we went, and some of the other women in her family joined us. In the picture above we have two great aunts, two grandmothers and an aunt. We were missing a lot of other women, but the day was great. I was so glad to have all these great women there. The lady directly behind Maggie on the swing, is her great Aunt Debbie. Aunt Debbie was the first to introduce Maggie to tea at age three... Now granted, that tea service was Cheerios andKoolaid. Maggie LOVED it. I am so looking forward to the future as I watch my little girl (who isn't so little anymore) grow up into a beautiful young woman.

Happy Birthday, Maggie.....I love you!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Looks like you all had a fun day! Happy 13th Birthday, Maggie!

Gayla's musings said...

Thank you Rebecca... I will pass the birthday wishes on to Maggie.