Wednesday, May 26, 2010

If you love them, turn them loose.....

I couldn't believe it. Life had hit me right in the face. My little Hannah (my niece) who I held in my arms just last week, was graduating from high school. Where had the time gone? When did she grow up in to a beautiful woman? As I sat there and watched the class of 2010 recieve their diplomas, I was reminded that I would have a graduate in two years. The tears flowed then. I couldn't stop them...."I don't want him to grow up Lord." "He is mine," replied the Lord. Wow, I am still trying to wrap my thoughts around the fact that my kids, biological and "adopted" are growing up. I praise the Lord for giving me my kids. It is so hard to let them go.... to turn them loose in this big bad world. I have two years to plan my escape route, but something tells me that I won't be able to avoid the ineveitable. It is so hard being a mom sometimes, and yet, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.


Until next time....

Gayla

No comments: