Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A New Year blooms....

Well, praise the Lord, 2010 is over. 2010 was a very, very hard year for our family and am hoping that 2011 will bring some wonderful renewal. Hoping to trim down on the weight of clutter, stress, and busyness that life can deal out when you are not looking.

As I look back on last year, I am reminded that God is in everything. He walks with us day by day, never leaving our side for one minute. He never tires and is always ready to carry us when we can't walk on our own. This last year has been full of joy and sadness for our family. In Feb. we said goodbye to my grandfather, as I have already posted on. He was a strong spiritual force in my life as I was growing up and I miss him. We were blessed to go on a couple of trips. In July, we took Maggie down to Branson, for her national dance competition. I am so fortunate to have such a beautiful daughter, who loves the Lord and dances her heart out, using her talent God has given her. My boys are just that....BOYS. Always loud and obnoxious, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Their father has brought them up tbe men...and men they are becoming. October brought us a once in a lifetime trip to Washington D.C. As we spent time visiting our nation's capital, we were thankful for our forefathers who went before us to set forth this great nation. We visited all the regular tourist spots that most people visit and then some off the beaten path. I was so excited to see my kids putting the pieces of the puzzle together from our studies in history and other subjects. It made me feel that yes, we are doing the right thing by raising our children in the ways of the Lord. One of the highlights of our trip, was visiting Mt.Vernon, home of President George Washington. What a beautiful, majestic homestead, set right on the Potomac River. It was so hard to believe that we were walking in the footsteps of great leaders of days gone by.

As the holidays approached, andwe were busy with the hustle and bustle of holiday life, forgetting what exactly the reason for the season was, we were hit with yet another major event. On December 14, 2010, my brother in law, Mike Miller, went to be with Jesus. Even though he was not well, it was unexpected, and everyone thought he/we had more time together.
unexpected. Life came to a screaching halt, as we made several trips up to help my sister in law and be with her and the kids. We had spent time with Mike over Thanksgiving, which is a time I will cherish forever. He was a person who struggled with his spiritual walk up until two years before he died. He made the decision for Jesus, and was not the same. He was someone who was real...not animated. You always knew what he was thinking. He had a special place in my heart, even though he didn't know it, until the last. He had so much to give to anyone who would sit down and listen. He was married the bride of his youth, and together they raised two strong kids. Hannah and Keefer are such a joy to Brian and I. We are looking forward to spending more time with them in the future. We said good bye to Mike on Dec. 3oth, in a pack filled church, with not a dry eye in the house. Looking back over his life, it is such a loss we here on Earth have experienced, but will joyfully see Mike again in Heaven walking along side my larger than life, beloved father in law, Keith Miller and my grandfather, Don Finley. God was so good to deliver Mike from the hands of Satan, and for that I will praise my Lord.

So, with a deep breath, a pair of muck boots, and my Bible in hand, I start off on this journey of finding out what this year will bring. I am so hoping that I will not be reporting any deaths this year, as three deaths in 18 months is simply too much for one soul to handle. I pray Lord, keep my eyes on you and my feet moving forward.

May your upcoming year be filled with the blessings and joys of our Lord and Savior.

Until next time....









No comments: